JB currently teaches Writing Composition and Gender Studies at Rutgers University, and holds a teaching certificate in Online and Hybrid Teaching from the Rutgers University TA Project. JB is available for lectures and workshops on a variety of topics including selfie culture, visual studies of violence, critical Holocaust and memory studies, zine-making, and comics. Email JB at email@example.com to inquire about booking.
Their independently taught and designed courses include:
- Feminist Theory: Historical Perspectives
- The Gendered Body: Horror & The Grotesque
- Gender & Science
- Women, Culture, and Society
- Expository Writing
They have assisted in teaching courses that include
- The Graphic Novel
- Chilean Literature, Democracy and Social Change
- Form and Theory of Creative Writing (Fiction)
- Introduction to Cultural Theory and the Study of Popular Culture(s)
Their invited lectures include:
- The Selfie and the Other: Reading Viral Images in the War on Terror at PHOTOBOMB in the Humanities in Public series at Manchester Metropolitan University in Manchester, England
- In the Gutter: A Super-Quick Intro to Writing and Drawing Comics at the Chicago Zinefest in Chicago, Illinois
- The Past, Present, and Potential of Queer Zines at Red Emma’s Bookstore in Baltimore, Maryland.